I am so very happy and humbled by the outpouring of support for our upcoming charity auction to benefit various Haitian relief organizations. Here are a list of contributions made thus far (in no particular order):
* Signed copy of Small Worlds: Adopted Sons, Pet Piranhas, And Other Mortal Concerns donated by the author.
* $25 Gift Certificate to Pro Libris Bookstore donated by Eric Furry.
* Signed photographs of “Crazy James” and other Big Brother 10 stars donated by James Zinkand.
* An Elephant Sanctuary t-shirt donated by The Elephant Sanctuary.
* A handmade necklace by nationally renowned native artist Jason Brown donated by Jason himself.
* A photographic art piece by Liz Grandmaison donated by Liz herself.
* 2 full Preschool curriculum guides on CD-Rom by Itty Bitty Bookworms donated by Tara Rison.
* A gift certificate to Eat More Kale.com donated by Bo – the Eat More Kale guy.
* A handmade “Party in a Bag” created and donated by Kelly of Wood Sprite Hollow.
* The Ipanema Bar & Grill is going to be hosting an event for our fundrasier on Feb 7th. Details to follow.
And oh so much more is in the works. Our friends at Bangor Photo are going to help … as well as some amazing local artists who are making pieces specifically for this effort. I have also put in word with some Maine “celebs” and am awaiting confirmation of some interesting goodies to add to our auction. In the words of Liz Grandmaison, “Let’s Rock This Thing!”.
I have yet to go knocking on the doors of area businesses — but that will happen asap. If you have offered an item/service and do not see it on this list, please let me know. AND/OR if you know of anyone who may be interested in donating an item, please let me know asap.
All items can be sent to:
Jodi Renshaw / 1746 Stillwater Ave / Bangor ME 04401
Auction will be held at Studio 36, 128 Hammond Street, Bangor on Feb 6th. Time as yet to be decided. Absentee bids will be accepted via this blog (details to follow).
Thank you all so very much for your support of this country that is in such dire need.
In Love & Peace,